New to the Paradise!

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
Nia
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 4
Total gallons: 25
Total tanks: 3

New to the Paradise!

Post by Nia »

Hello everyone I am Nia. Currently have 4 Hermies that are in my care. They started out as being a gift to my son from family but he is only 3 so mom is in charge lol. Lets see he originally got one as a gift "Hermie" is what he named her n then I got her a buddy "Hermie Crab" this was a sub name he actually named him "Holy crap" -.- lol He was huge compared to Hermie. Sadly they both passed one got depressed during the others molt even tho they could see each other he still got depressed. After she was done and safe to rejoin things were just never the same he perked up for a bit but then we lost him. We rushed out and got her more buddies (the agreement was 1 we ended up with 3 lol). Hermie just was lost without her buddy and we lost her about a month after, she was always sad after that. She liked the others but it wasn't him I guess -.-. Anyway we still have 2 of the original 3, one just never stayed in his shell since we got him (I researched like crazy to find out why until I was told some hermies just get hermie stress and who knows what did it) temp is perfect, humidy is perfect, no one fights, lighting isn't to bright, do day and night cycles, they have fresh + salt water, and I offer fresh foods, use the most rec substrate so idk what he was stressed about.
Atm we have 2 new additions "Bat girl" and "Ms. Hearts" temp names maybe lol he decides. They were given to him as a gift when they heard he lost Buddy and was really sad. They are much bigger than Reese and Lil Bit but after a good bath and greeting they seem to be getting along great. They seem to be working well together and have "sniffed" each other and splashed around in their water together and are currently snuggling. I will get pictures of them up as soon as I can but since they are new I don't wanna stress them more by bugging/handling them anymore today.

I have probably said to much but I am just offering up a lil of our Hermies history lol and I am excited to meet all of you :D. Hope to see you guys around. Oh and I do have 2 pics up if you guys want to check them out.
~Nia
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: New to the Paradise!

Post by Wai »

Welcome to the forum!
Wai
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

A belated welcome to HCP!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

Welcome to see you here too Nia! :)
And we will be happy to see your pics! :D
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Post by Wai »

By the way Nia, is that GaIn in your display picture, from BEG's Sixth Sense MV? :D
Wai