Hermit crab needs new home

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
pkoo
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 0
Total gallons: 0
Total tanks: 0

Hermit crab needs new home

Post by pkoo »

Hi All,

I'm sorry I know this might not be the right place to post this, but I did register to adopt out my hermit crabs on the Hermit Crab adoption site in December 2013. No takers so far and sadly :'( two of my 3 crabs have since died. (One of unknown cause. The other was attacked during a moult). Anyway at the time of listing my crabs on the site, I said that I was allowing lots of time for some one to adopt them before I had to give them up. Now there are only months left before, I will be travelling away frequently and will have difficulty having them crab-sat.Is anyone able to help out. I only have one crab left. He's been on his own for months. He really could do with a new home and new friends. I also have a bunch of crab-keeping gear to give away including UTHs, dimming thermostat, housing, food dishes, shells, tanks etc... You can check out my post on the Adoption Centre site. I'm under Australia NSW - 2151.

Sorry. Just a bit desperate. Don't want to leave it too late or have to send crabby (aka. Sparky ninja) back to the pet shop or other unexperienced keeper. -.-
Wai
Administrator
Administrator
Hermit crabs: 2
Total gallons: 45
Total tanks: 1

Re: Hermit crab needs new home

Post by Wai »

I would help out, but I'm in another state...
Wai
pkoo
Zygote
Zygote

Post by pkoo »

Thanks Wai. Got my fingers-crossed fork someone local to reply. :)
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

I am sorry to hear this, but adopters seem to be far and few between. :(
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Maybe try putting a notice on Gumtree? You could assess the owner's knowledge.
Wai
pkoo
Zygote
Zygote

Post by pkoo »

Thanks Wai. I was getting a bit desperate and was going to ask if any of my friends are heading down to Victoria. Not sure how a crab would cope with the travel/transit time though. Would you be interested if I could get crabby down there? I was watching him today and it was just so sad. -.-
Wai
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Wai »

Yes, if you can get him down, I will offer him a home; however, I do worry about the stress he'll endure during the journey down... :(
Wai
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

Wai wrote:Yes, if you can get him down, I will offer him a home; however, I do worry about the stress he'll endure during the journey down... :(
I with Wai, traveling across country isn't the best thing for a crab...
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
pkoo
Zygote
Zygote

Post by pkoo »

I agree. And thanks to a closer offer of help may not need to resort to it. Thank you all for your concern and support. I will let you know when it's finalised.
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

pkoo wrote:I agree. And thanks to a closer offer of help may not need to resort to it. Thank you all for your concern and support. I will let you know when it's finalised.
I glad that everything is going good & that somebody is willing to adopt the crab - and is a bit closer to you! XD Will be interested to see how it goes.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.