Carrie's Return

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
Carrie
Zoea I
Zoea I
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 1

Carrie's Return

Post by Carrie »

I was on the forum a few years ago, until i got sick. Basically it was a 2 year migraine that only gave me a day off here and there. Due to light sensitivity issues I wasn't able to be on the computer much. It's gotten better lately (last bout was in April) and nobody knows what caused it or why it stopped. I have 11 PPs (one is llttle) and all the others are small to medium. I have 2 25 gal long tanks for them. I've been crabbing since i was a kid. My goal is to re-create their natural environment as much as possible so that they can live many years and thrive. Arwen Kali Crab, who I had for 8 1/2 years passed on Jan 5, 2013. I still have Camille, as of 5 years. I know for a fact that I needed help taking care of my crabs when i was sick for so long, but no one would help me. I hope to rejoin the forum and become involved again, learning things for my own crabs' care. Peace ~ Carrie
Carrie
Dedicated to those who have gone before.
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: Carrie's Return

Post by emmac350 »

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your migraine - I've only ever had one of those and it only lasted a day, and I can't imagine two years of that.

I'm impressed at the length of time you've had some of your crabs; I've only had my two 'oldest' since summer 2008; I'm in awe of over 8 years!
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
Carrie
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Carrie »

Hi, Emma! Arwen Kali Crab was my baby--she lived for so long. Camille is the last crab of the group I had for about 6 years. She's getting ready to molt again--she's gotten big enough to live in Arwen's shell but she still molts every 3 months. I almost didn't get any more crabs, but what is life without hermit crabs? Lol. I'm hoping my new crabs can live for years like Arwen did. So far the migraine hasn't come back since April. There is one weird symptom I get that shows I'm having migraines with no actual pain (silent migraines) where my pupils dilate and I can't be in bright light. Go figure.. lol. Peace ~ Carrie
Carrie
aussieJJDude
Zoea V
Zoea V
Hermit crabs: 8
Total gallons: 65
Total tanks: 2

Post by aussieJJDude »

I sorry to hear that you had to suffer 2 years of painful migraines! Hopefully you continue your migraine free status. :)
Glad to see you back.
246L/65G - 'Tidal Jungle' (Crabs) | 246L/65g - 'Backwater Pool' (Fish/Snails) | 96L/25G - ''Twisted Minds" (Fish/Snails/Shrimp) | 300L/90G Fancy Pond (Goldfish)

I've never had any problems with 'Impulse Buying'. They're just animals that I forgot I had planned to get.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Welcome back Carrie!
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Carrie
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Carrie »

Hi, Marie! Glad to see you again. I immediately get sick again, soon after that post, pretty much. I redid Tank 2 in the midst of the fun... new substrate on up. I feel so much better when I know the crabs are ok. They really do pull me thru a lot. Hoping to post more in the future...
Carrie
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Post by ladybug15057 »

Sorry to hear you got sick again! :( Could it be the glare of the computer? Do they not make glasses to cut down the glare to help? After I had my cataract surgery I was told I could get a pair if the brightness bothered me. I know I have to wear sunglasses outside due to the sun. It is like somebody is sticking a pencil in my eyes. Even on some overcast days I need to wear lighter glasses cause of the glare.
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.
Carrie
Zoea I
Zoea I

Post by Carrie »

I just got new glasses--bifocals. They help a LOT. My screen is an LED one and it's a lot easier on my eyes than the old-style monitor was. I've had to wear sunglasses to be on the computer at times. It's something about the winter light. It's more piercing or something. Mostly the migraines seem to be weather-sensitive. Cold fronts set them off. We just had that run of cold weather.
Carrie