Help Pls

For off-topic chat. Please introduce yourself here.
mak0124
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 1

Re: Help Pls

Post by mak0124 »

emmac350 wrote:Do you have any spare shells? Salt water mix? Dechlorinator? I don't have any dechlorinator but I can send you a jar with some saltwater mix as well as food.

Was the white stuff fuzzy? If not (and you do have salt water in your tank) it was probably just salt residue. But better safe than sorry - humidity will help mold grow.
omg. do you have any spare UTH and gauges?
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Post by emmac350 »

I don't have a UTH or gauges to spare (I just had to replace my gauge during the last deep clean with a new one from Lowe's because the last one's batteries exploded). I do have one brick of Eco Earth, some food, shells, and a little bit of salt water mix. Can you confirm the size of the opening on your crab's shell for me (not the overall shell's size, but the opening specifically)?
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
mak0124
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 1
Total gallons: 10
Total tanks: 1

Post by mak0124 »

the opening is 1 1/4 inch.
Its okay ill save for a UTH. its just i heard that analog ones weren't accurate. I think it will do for the time being though.
I feel bad cuz the turbo shells i have are too big for him, and he tried to get into the ones his size but those weren't turbo. Thank you for the help.
He hasn't molted yet and eco earth would be VERY helpful cause he doesn't like all play sand. When i do my cleaning in 2 weeks ill use the eco earth.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP (: