shimak
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 3
Total gallons: 20
Total tanks: 2

HELP, CRABS DYING :(

Post by shimak »

Ive recentlky bought 3 crabs, one smallish, medium and quite a large crab. ive only had the large crab for around a month but the other two for a few months now.
A week ago my largest crab died (i picked him up and he just fell out of his shell) Then Last night i looked at my medium one and he was half out of his shell and i picked him up and he fell mostly out of his shell aswell. ive left him there to see if maybe its just a surface molt but im not hopeful.
Im at a complete loss of what is goig on or what to do. it been recenlty getting colder so i purchased a 25w Red infared globe (i also have a UTH aswell. the temperature is about 24 degess c and huidity usually sits around 70%, i put different substrate in (coconut fibre) and left half the tank with the sand.
I noticed that they were all becoming a big sluggish and not moving at all (i tried to coax them out with smelly food) but still nothing, after i bought the light they seemed more active for the first 2 nights then all of a sudden they just hid and my smallest one burried which ive left but my medium one just crawled into his coconut shell and stayed there until i seen him later in the night majority of his body out of his shell.
Ive been having a bit of trouble with my tank and having alot of condensation on the inside of the tank but otherwise everything else seems fine,
Any advice would be great as now my little one is all alone :(
emmac350
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 6
Total gallons: 40
Total tanks: 2

Re: HELP, CRABS DYING :(

Post by emmac350 »

Can you tell us about how you feed and water your crabs? How do you treat the water they get? What food do you give them?
Follow the daily lives of my crabs at thedailyhermit.tumblr.com

Mommy to:
Rack, 23 Sep 08; Benny, 23 Sep 08; Slightly, 3 Jan 09; Nibs, 3 Jan 09; Curly, 3 Jan 09; Spaz, 5 Jul 09

If you are contacted privately and enticed to join another forum, please inform a moderator. This is an unethical practice.
ladybug15057
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 82
Total gallons: 305
Total tanks: 7

Re: HELP, CRABS DYING :(

Post by ladybug15057 »

Please copy and paste the questions from:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4

and answer them with as much detail as possible.
For the condensation, do you a way for air to circulate to help keep the condensation down? Did you help them slowly adjust to proper conditions per the PPS (post purchase stress) information?
Marie (aka ladybug15057)

If you are contacted privately (via pm or e-mail) and enticed to join another forum, please contact a Crab Crew member. This is an unethical practice.