hermiemommy101408
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 2

How much is too much?

Post by hermiemommy101408 »

OK i have alot of ideas that i wanna try for my crabitat i have a 20 gal high its 24 w 12 l and 16 high. right now i have one of those wire racks thats wrapped in plastic with some climbing background on it and a hermie hut with a medium sized driftwood to crawl up on the 2nd level also i have attached the hermie climber to the side of the bar on the wire rack. I want to put in a moss pit to help humidity and i want to put a corner shower caddy to put the shells in so they wont be on the sand and in the way. But that's alot of ladders that i have to have. I was also thinkin about building 2nd level with legos. I loved legos as a kid i think its really a fun creative way to make a 2nd level. So what would be your suggestions ideas? i open up to anything
Wonderful Loving Parent to... 6 Hermies.... Chripy, (RIP)Skitty, Lilo, Noni, Fibber, & Jumbaliah--- 5 Dogs... Stitch, Wishbone, Kiki, Toby (RIP) Budwiser

My website is http://www.hermie-frenzy.webs.com
CrabbyJo
Coenobita
Coenobita
Hermit crabs: 7
Total gallons: 85
Total tanks: 4

Re: How much is too much?

Post by CrabbyJo »

We've been discussing knitting or crocheting our own nets - have you considered that? Make net bridges and ladders, your crabs will love them! Check out the thread on nets in the ornaments section.
I also read a thread recently that suggested gutter protectors? Cheap stuff, plastic, great for bridges and things, or to attach things to!
6 hermit crabs - 3 PPs and 3 Equadorians
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please feel free to share information from this website, but please be sure to give credit and a link back to the information. Failure to give credit is plagiarism. Don't take credit for someone else's information.
hermiemommy101408
Zygote
Zygote
Hermit crabs: 5
Total gallons: 30
Total tanks: 2

Re: How much is too much?

Post by hermiemommy101408 »

CrabbyJo wrote:We've been discussing knitting or crocheting our own nets - have you considered that? Make net bridges and ladders, your crabs will love them! Check out the thread on nets in the ornaments section.
I also read a thread recently that suggested gutter protectors? Cheap stuff, plastic, great for bridges and things, or to attach things to!
yea i have but i just dont have the time with all the animals i have i stay runnin around like a chicken with its head cut off lol ive found a site that makes crochet nets and ladders so i might buy a couple of them
Wonderful Loving Parent to... 6 Hermies.... Chripy, (RIP)Skitty, Lilo, Noni, Fibber, & Jumbaliah--- 5 Dogs... Stitch, Wishbone, Kiki, Toby (RIP) Budwiser

My website is http://www.hermie-frenzy.webs.com